1. Conduct your research to find one example of a community’s response to environmental sustainability.
- http://www.greenfuture.sg/2008/08/11/green-business-singapore-interview-capitaland-limited/ Sustainable Singapore blueprint?
- NEWater, water catchment areas (reservoirs)
- More than 80 per cent of households are within a 10-minute walk from a park.
- Public Sector Sustainability Plan https://www.opengovasia.com/articles/7668-inaugural-public-sector-sustainability-plan-2017-2020-launched-in-singapore
- http://www.greenfuture.sg/2017/02/18/singapore-to-implement-carbon-pricing/ Singapore to implement carbon pricing
2. Write down in your reflections why you think it is a good illustration of how a community can work towards environmental sustainability.
- CapitaLand’s green initiatives are good because there are many CapitaLand malls around Singapore which are near to residences, encouraging residents of the many areas to go green.
- Punggol’s Eco Town is also one of the ongoing projects that have shown signs of improvement in the environment around it. It is effective as there are many residents living there so it can benefit more people. To date, Punggol Waterway and Treelodge@Punggol are 2 successful iconic developments that set Punggol apart as a sustainable waterfront town of the 21st century.